Thursday, May 9, 2013

Welcome!


I am thrilled to join the world of social media and share with you what I have learned
over the years from my clients who have been the best teachers in regards to body
work, nutritional and holistic health coaching, skin care and beauty.

“A happy spine equals a happy life” is what they tell us in Yoga. In Tai Chi we liken the
spine to a string of pearls. The purpose of the curvy shape of the spine is to hold up the
head, which is heavy, without creating tension. Any variation to this double curve will
pull muscles and create discomfort. Straight spine? Think again.

A third of the length of the spine are the spaces between the vertebrae.
There is the expression that somebody has or has no spine, which expresses how
connected the health of the spine is to our self confidence and strength of character.

The spine is central to our uprightness and well being. It links above and below, heaven
and earth. While the spine is situated in the center of the back, the back is larger and bigger and
opens to the back space. We have created a culture that is dominated by the eye and
what is in front of us. The back space is less familiar, has to do with listening and the
invisible realm. Very often when we get out of balance we discover that the part of us
that relates to what is less tangible needs to be taken as seriously as the everyday
reality in order to be well.

“I’ve got your back” in times when you need support through bodywork, skin care or
health counseling.  At the same time I can be a voice in a much wider
choir of supporters and supporting influences in your life. Behind every back are more
backs opening into the vast, cosmic, all embracing back space.

And beyond the many backs could be an even greater force illustrated beautifully in the
following:

Footprints...

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed, he was walking along the beach
with the LORD. Across the sky fluttered scenes from his life. For each
scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him,
and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before
him, he looked back at the foot prints in the sand. He noticed that many
times along the path of the life, there was only one set of foot prints. He
also noticed, that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it- “ LORD, you
said- that once I decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all the way. But
I have noticed that during the most troublesome times of my life, there is
only one set of foot prints. I don’t understand why when I needed you
most, you would leave me.”
The LORD replied, “ My Son. My Precious Child.
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of foot
prints, it was then that I carried you.”


Getting through life’s challenges and opportunities requires support in many ways-
more to come!

~Claudia

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/09/2013

    Lovely. Your voice is compassionate, gentle and strong! Thanks for this gift you give to the world....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy, Claudia, that you start sharing your unique way of experiencing and enjoying and sharing life! I for sure have always benefitted, from your generous sharing and your generous interest and your generous warmth! I always hope that it comes back to you in equal measure - I know you don't look for a return...Thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/10/2013

    Diving in with both feet, eh? I posted the link on a couple of sites. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete